Turns out I'm a fickle developer that wastes some time every now and then jumping back and forth between Sublime Text and Brackets. I've been on a Brackets kick for the last couple weeks and figured I'd make note of my favorite extensions.
Brackets is an ever-evolving, freely available, open source, cross-platform editor being developed and maintained by Adobe + a community contributors. It launched with some great features a while back and is maturing at at great pace.
Top 10 Brackets Extensions
- Emmet — extremely fast html & css shorthand/generation
- Brackets Git — Truly excellent Git integration
- Search with Google
- Markdown Preview
- Brackets Icons
- TODO — Manage Todo items and Notes within your projects.
- Alice — Interact with GitHub Issues from within Brackets
- PHP Syntax Hint
- Handlebars Syntax Highlighter
Developer’s Toolbox: Brackets
This one is more of a novelty, but quite cool. Brackets-Wakatime allows you to automatically track what you spend time on within Brackets (or in several other editors, really). Pretty slick.