Let’s say you were using WordPress for a corporate intranet.
WP developers: How would you handle multi-section department manuals that are maintained by multiple people and needs to be printable for new employees as part of their orientation?
I’ve found myself in this situation:
- Current dept manual is made up of a large collection of Word documents and PDF files.
- Two or three people in the department maintain these documents.
- For each change, a new document gets uploaded to the intranet site.
- User access all these files from a webpage that contains an outline … downloading a new copy of each Word doc everytime they access that particular section.
- Printing a complete manual is a ridiculous pain.
I’m wondering if there’s a WordPress plugin that allows the ‘building’ of a book of sorts w/ pages/posts. Does this exist? I’d love to get the dept manual contents into WordPress content areas — benefiting from search, revision history, role access, etc. The icing on the cake would be the ability to not only set parent pages (already in WP), but also, page/section order (users would then be presented w/ fwd/back nav elements on each page in order to progress through.)
Anyone dealt with something like this before?